Friday, August 26, 2016

How to Protect your focus

by Dr. Mike Murdock



One of the keys that will help protect your focus is to pursue and permit only those relationships that increase your focus on your assignment:

It was late one night in southern Florida. The service had ended, and several of the ministers wanted to go to a restaurant.

As we sat there, I listened to their conversation. I have two major interests in my life: learning and teaching. And both must take place continuously for me to have pleasure!

So I sat there and listened as everyone discussed ball games, politics and tragedies. I kept listening for worthy Wisdom Keys that might be imparted, and for important questions that might be asked. But neither took place.

Several times I even attempted to change the direction of the conversation, but it seemed to be ignored. The Holy Spirit was not the focus, and I was too tired to force the conversation in an appropriate direction.

So I quietly stood and said, "I must leave. God bless each of you." Then I left.

I wish I could have that courage every year of my lifetime, every day of my life.
_______________________

This story is from Dr. Mike Murdock's 'The Assignment'.

Remember, focus is the Master Key to the Golden Door of SUCCESS.

_______________________

#Quotidian...grow daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment