by Dr. David Yonggi Cho
When I learned to speak English, I began to speak English as much as possible. I began to think in English, and I would write my sermons in English. I would even talk to myself in English, because I really wanted to be proficient in English.
For a long time I was tortured, because I was forcing myself to speak in English, but today, although I am not fully fluent in English, I have gained an ease of expression that allows me to speak English without struggling.
Now I am doing the same thing with Japanese- speaking in Japanese, writing in Japanese and even thinking in Japanese- because I have a goal of leading 10 million Japanese people to Christ.
For a whole year I have been reading the Japanese Bible, and I have spent so much time in the Japanese language that even in my dreams I am speaking Japanese!
In this way I am becoming acquainted with the Japanese language. During my waking hours everything in my consciousness is being taken up with Japanese.
It has been the same when I have concentrated on English- everything in America and in England and everything in the English-speaking world became my consciousness.
It is the same thing with speaking in tongues. When you speak in tongues throughout the day, you can't help but be conscious of the presence of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, praying in tongues helps me to have constant fellowship with the Holy Spirit.
Of course, this kind of fellowship with the Holy Spirit signifies a life of prayer. God expects us to be a praying people, because it is through our prayers that God chooses to work in the world today.
Powerful, Spirit-inspired prayers work miracles.
_______________________
This post is from 'Successful Home Cell Groups' by Dr. David Yonggi Cho, pastor of the largest church in the world with 750,000 active members.
_______________________
Quotidian...grow daily!
No comments:
Post a Comment