Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Physically bring them into the Church building

by Bishop Dag Heward-Mills


I remember there was a time we had a very low attendance for one of our services.  

The Lord told me to do what this man in Luke 14 did-  “Go out there and invite the community to church.” I said, “How can I do that on a Sunday?” The Lord replied, “You do it, and you will be blessed.” I continued arguing with the Lord, “What will our Sunday morning visitors think?   We  will drive away people from the church.” However, the Lord insisted, “Go out and compel them to come in.” I obeyed the Lord. I announced to the church that we were going to stop the service, go out into the community and invite them. I said, “We are going to go out to the community to bring them in.”

I announced, “This is not a gentle invitation.  Every single one of you must hold the hand of someone you see out there.  Physically bring them into the church building.” Some were taken aback.  But we did it!   And we brought in hundreds of “un-churched” dwellers of the community.

That day we had several people giving their lives to Christ. We did this on numerous occasions and over a period, that particular service increased in size dramatically.  I was not prepared to close down my service because of a low attendance.   That is what any pastor with the spirit of ‘anagkazo’ is prepared to do.
_______________________
This extract is from Anagkazo, another soul winning classic by Bishop Dag Heward-Mills.

Download a FREE e-copy of Anagkazo here: http://www.rhemainfocus.blogspot.com/p/grow-up.html?m=1
_______________________
#Quotidian...grow daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment