by Bishop Matthew Addae-Mensah
I was a student of the School of Mines...when I gave my life to Christ. I quickly became an aggressive soul winner and started preaching in trains, buses, taxis, discotheques, cinema halls and marketplaces. I was all the time armed with Gospel tracts looking for someone to share the Gospel with.
I started praying for the sick and in some cases they got healed. I developed my unfeigned faith through fasting, prayer and reading books written by men and women God was using in the signs and wonders ministry like Dr. T.L. Osborn, Kathryn Khulman, Oral Roberts, Smith Wigglesworth and others.
My mother fell ill for almost a week, and there was very little hope of her recovering. Mum checked in and out of hospital several times.
One night around 2 a.m., I heard her groaning faintly in her room. I waited about ten minutes and then decided to knock at her door to find out what was wrong with her. After waiting without a response, I pushed the door.
What I saw frightened me. My mother appeared to be in a coma. Her eyes were open, and she was foaming at the mouth. After I shook and called her name several times without answer, I quickly called for help but all I received was silence.
I returned and observed her quietly. Then it dawned on me that my mum was dead. I would not accept the situation. There was no time to think or plan. What could I do? I choked back tears as I desperately fought off the reality that my mum was gone forever. I tried to move her from the room but could not because she was too heavy for my small frame.
Then I heard a distinct voice say to me, "I have given you power to raise the dead." All of sudden, I became bold and laid my hands on her and prayed desperately in the name of Jesus, shaking and calling her name, but there was no sign of life in her.
I heard another voice say, "Call her soul back to life!" I did exactly that, and she took a deep breath and blinked her eyes. "Praise the Lord! Thank you Jesus!!" I shouted. My mum started crying and asked, "Where am I?"
You ask me how I was able to do that? I cannot tell. What I can say is that I used raw Bible faith in Jesus' Name!
_______________________
This miracle took place in July 1978.
Bishop Matthew Addae-Mensah has been used mightily of God in bringing salvation, deliverance and healing to thousands all over the world. Notable among the glorious manifestations in his ministry is the raising of eight people from the dead. He is the General Overseer of Gospel Light International Church.
_______________________
#Quotidian...grow daily!
No comments:
Post a Comment